Remains of the channel’s northern wall, which was preserved a single course height on the western side and two courses high on the eastern side, as well as the channel’s southern wall that was mostly destroyed, probably in 1947, were exposed in the excavation. Most of the pavers on the bottom of the channel were preserved. The construction process of the channel could be reconstructed during the excavation. First, a foundation trench (width c. 2 m) was cut in the zifzif sand. A bedding of kurkar stones and hamra soil was deposited along the bottom of the foundation trench. Sandstone pavers (0.10 × 0.50 × 0.65 m) were placed above the bedding and then, the walls of the channel were built of large kurkar stones, some of them rectangular (0.4 × 0.5 × 0.7 m) and some square (0.3 × 0.3 × 0.4 m). These stones were set beside the ends of the pavers and in so doing, were secured in place. Subsequently, the foundation trench was backfilled with kurkar and hamra soil to support the walls of the channel. The stones that composed the walls were dressed diagonally on the surface that faced the interior of the channel and stone mason’s marks were noted on some of them (Fig. 3). Finally, the joints between the building stones in the walls and those between the walls and the floor of the channel were plastered. It seems that the plaster was used to seal the joints between the stones and did not seal the entire channel, which sloped from west to east at a gentle gradient of c. 0.5%.