During August 2006, a survey prior to development was conducted in the expansion area of Qibbuz Ramot Menashe (Permit No. A-4874*; map ref. NIG 2059–62/7224–7; OIG 1559–62/2224–7), intended for the construction of a new neighborhood. The survey, carried out on behalf of the Israel Antiquities Authority and funded by the Ministry of Housing and Construction, was conducted by H. Khalaily, O. Marder, S. Golan and L. Barda.
Two areas were surveyed within two locations of a declared prehistoric site near Qibbuz Ramot Menashe (Trig Point R-974 and Trig Point N-569). The area was cleared of stones and prepared for cultivation; it was used as a fruit-tree orchard in recent years. The aim of the survey was to locate the boundaries of the site and determine the scope of its antiquities. The ground in the region of Ramot Menashe is rocky gray rendzina, mixed with lumps of dark gray flint.
Meager concentrations of flint, mostly fragments of natural lumps, were located in the two areas slated for development. A few flaked flint items were found. Their distribution pattern shows that they were not in situ and probably originated from a prehistoric site located nearby.