During November 2003 a salvage excavation was conducted on the western slope of Horbat Kaduran, east of Highway 65, from the Golani Junction to Kefar Tabor (Permit No. A-4024*; map ref. NIG 2390/7340; OIG 1890/2340), following the installation of a water pipeline from Kefar Qish to the Kadury Junction. The excavation, on behalf of the Antiquities Authority, was directed by E. Amos (surveying), with the assistance of N. Getzov and workmen from Bet She’an.
A half square (3 × 4 m; Fig. 1) was opened, revealing the remains of a building. The structure, which was part of the settlement that was abandoned in 1948, was built on top of bedrock that slopes to the west. On surface and on bedrock below a wall (W1) were potsherds from the Middle Bronze Age and the Roman–Byzantine period, as well as a few fragments of glazed Mamluk bowls.
Another area (c. 10 sq m) was examined c. 5 m northwest of the square. Bedrock was exposed several centimeters below surface. Numerous natural depressions were discerned on bedrock, containing potsherds from the Middle Bronze Age and the Roman period, as well as a fragment of a handle that belonged to a stone measuring cup, dating to the Early Roman period.