Nahal Pehar (South)

Elie Haddad
31/12/2019
Extended report
In February–March 2015, a trial excavation was conducted south of Nahal Pehar and east of the Geva‘ot Bar settlement (Permit Nos. A-7312-A, A-7313; central map ref. 1775/5848), prior to the expansion of the settlement. The excavation, on behalf of the Israel Antiquities Authority and financed by the Ministry of Construction and Housing, was directed by E. Haddad. The excavation yielded scant remains of the Iron Age, remains of building (warehouses?) from the Hellenistic– Early Roman periods and a farmhouse from the Byzantine period. A. de Vincenz studied pottery from the classical periods, and Y. Nagar studied the osteological finds.

 

For the full report, see links below.

Print Without FiguresPrint With Figuresלמאמר בעברית


Built teti-tu

Websites, texts and photos © Israel Antiquities Authority