ISSN 1565 - 5334
During June 2004, an excavation was conducted at the Rashadiya School in the Newe Yaraq neighborhood of Lod, (Permit No. A-4186; map ref. NIG 19110–15/651575–625; OIG 14110–15/151575–625; Fig. 1). The excavation, undertaken on behalf of the Israel Antiquities Authority and underwritten by the Rolan Company, was directed by Y. Elisha, with the assistance of E. Bachar (administration), A. Hajian (surveying), T. Sagiv (field photography) and M. Shuiskaya (find drawing). Additional assistance was rendered by the administration of the Rashadiya School.
The excavation was located c. 500 m east of the Yannai and Badhi excavation (Permit No. A-2409) and north of Avissar’s excavation (ESI 17:169–172).