During September 2007, a salvage excavation was conducted within the ‘En Hemed National Park (Permit No. A-5257; map ref. NIG 21189–92/63368–70; OIG 16189–92/13368–70; Fig. 1), after a wall was discovered when a trench for a sewer was dug. The excavation, undertaken on behalf of the Israel Antiquities Authority and underwritten by the Nature and National Parks Authority, was directed by R. Avner, with the assistance of M. Kunin (surveying), L. Belashov (drafting) and R. Kool (numismatics).
A wall, perpendicular to the stream channel that flows from the ‘En Hemed spring to the southwest and c. 37 m from the southern corner of a Crusader-period building, was discovered (Fig. 2). The wall, built of large dressed limestone with a core of soil and small fieldstones, was preserved four courses high; three of them were foundation courses set on bedrock and built of medium and large fieldstones; the fourth course consisted of carelessly dressed stones. A coin minted in 1949, which was discovered in the core of the wall, indicates its date. The wall is probably a farming terrace.