During September 2005, a survey was conducted southeast of Gan Shelomo (Permit No. 4579; map ref. NIG 1812–5/6421–9; OIG 1312–5/1421–9), prior to expanding the Havatselet neighborhood in Rehovot. The survey, undertaken on behalf of the Israel Antiquities Authority and underwritten by the contractor, was carried out by Y. Dagan and L. Barda (GPS).
The survey area (c. 200 dunams), located south of Rehovot and north of Kibbuts Giv‘at Brenner, extends across two kurkar hills and in cultivated areas (orchards and irrigated fields) at their foot. No ancient remains were found in the cultivated areas, possibly because of agricultural activities. A field wall (map ref. NIG 181586/642434; width c. 1.5 m; Fig. 1) built of medium fieldstones that delineated a cultivation plot and a kurkar quarry (map ref. NIG 181427/642364; Fig. 2) were situated along the fringes of these areas. A modern building (map ref. NIG 181410/642407; Fig. 3) which was constructed c. 100 years ago and probably served as a packing house, was also identified.