Hadashot Arkheologiyot

Excavations and Surveys in Israel
Israel Antiquities Authority logo
ISSN 1565 - 5334


Volume 121 Year 2009

El-Judeida

Yoav Lerer
06/05/2009
Final Archive Report
During March 2007, a trial excavation was conducted in a cave next to Highway 70, between Judeida and Tal-El Junction (Permit No. A-5039; map ref. NIG 215241/759312; OIG 165341/259312), prior to widening the road. The excavation, undertaken on behalf of the Israel Antiquities Authority and underwritten by the Israel National Roads Company, was directed by Y. Lerer, with the assistance of A. Shapiro (GPS) and Y. Ya‘aqobi (administration).
The cave (2.5 × 3.5 m) was damaged in the past when a drainage channel was quarried in bedrock. While excavating the fill in the cave, human bones were discovered and the excavation was suspended; hence, it was not possible to obtain a plan of the cave or date the time of its use.
Print Without PhotosPrint With Photosלמאמר בעברית