During October 2004, a survey preceding development was conducted west of Moshav Peqi‘in Ha-Hadasha (Permit No. A-4260; map ref. NIG 2298–302/7652–7; OIG 1798–802/2652–7), prior to enlarging the settlement. The survey, on behalf of the Israel Antiquities Authority, was directed by Y. Lerer, with the assistance of A. Shapiro (GPS), H. Abu ‘Uqsa, R. Abu Raya and E. Stern.
The surveyed area extended across a rocky hill, 529 m above sea level; part of it was planted with olive trees and part was meager fallow farmland. No antiquities were found.