During July 2006, an archaeological survey was conducted for the Jewish National Fund (Permit No. 4867; map ref. NIG 1717–27/5792–820; OIG 1217–27/0792–820), prior to preparing the ground for development. The survey, undertaken on behalf of the Israel Antiquities Authority and underwritten by the JNF, was directed by E. Aladjem, assisted by S. Gal (GPS).
The survey extended across a flat region east of Highway 25, adjacent to Eshel Ha-Nasi Junction. Most of the area was cultivated and three sites were found.
Site 201 (map ref. 171767/581597). A cistern with a square opening (0.4 × 0.4 m, depth c. 6 m), built of kurkar stones.
Site 202 (map ref. 172406/580554). Remains of a rectangular building (length 20 m, width 10 m), built of undressed chalk stones. The walls could not be clearly identified because the building was destroyed and most of the masonry stones visible on surface had been robbed.
Site 203 (map ref. 172618/579228). A cistern (diam. of opening 0.5 m) that was renovated with cement in the modern era and is still in use to date.