During June 2005, a salvage excavation was conducted in the region of Nahal Yattir (Permit No. A-4496*; map ref. NIG 2054–5/5850–1; OIG 1554–5/0850–1), prior to the construction of the separation fence. The excavation, undertaken on behalf of the Israel Antiquities Authority and underwritten by the Ministry of Defense, was directed by E. Aladjem.
The excavation (c. 25 sq m) was concentrated along a row of stones (length 30 m).
A wall built of medium-sized fieldstones (0.5–0.6 m) and preserved a single course high was exposed. The wall was founded on bedrock or on top of a stone fill that was used to level the natural depressions in bedrock.
The wall delimited a courtyard that was probably part of a residential complex located to its north.