Area A (Figs. 3, 4). A hewn winepress with a square treading floor (L10) and a deep collecting vat (L20) was exposed. The collecting vat was not completely excavated due to safety considerations and disturbances caused by ultra-religious factions. The eastern wall of the treading floor was damaged. Remains of a mosaic pavement, which was probably deliberately removed, were discovered on the treading floor. A hewn depression (L17) in the southwestern corner of the floor led to an elliptical basin (L18). The walls of the collecting vat were plastered. On two sides it was flanked by shallow rock-cutting (L19) with plastered walls and mosaic floor. The collecting vat was filled with ash. An opening hewn in its northern wall led to a cavity that was filled with ash, charcoal and stones, and may have been used as a charcoal kiln. A shaft (L23; minimum depth 1.92 m) with an unclear function was hewn northwest of the collecting vat. Two circular cup marks (L22, L33) were hewn near the winepress. The finds in the area were extremely sparse and insufficient for dating the installations. It is possible that the winepress was adapted for use as a charcoal kiln at a later phase.
Area B (Fig. 5). A hewn bodeda (an installation to extract olive oil) was exposed in a rock outcrop west of the area. It included a circular surface (L39) with a cupmark (L40) in its center and an elliptical basin (L41) connected by a channel. Two other cupmarks hewn in bedrock surfaces (L47, L48) were found east of the bodeda.
Area C (Fig. 6). A square rock-hewn shaft (L36; depth > 3 m; Fig. 7) was discovered in the northeastern part of the area. Niches, which probably served as footholds for descending and ascending the shaft, were hewn in its western wall. An opening (presumed dimensions 0.7 × 1.5 m) that was hewn in the eastern wall of the shaft led to a cavity; the shaft and the cavity were not completely excavated. Pottery from the Mamluk period, including a cooking-pot handle (Fig. 8:9), were found around the opening of the shaft. Segments of agricultural fences (W1000, W1001, W1005; Fig. 9) were exposed southwest of the shaft. The fences were built of fieldstones of various sizes, and were founded on the rock. Fences 1001 and 1005 met in the northern part of the area, and formed a right-angle corner. West of this corner was the largest surface-scatter of pottery in the excavation (L13), which consisted of a variety of vessels from a number of periods, among them a bowl from the Early Roman period (Fig. 8:1); bowls (Fig. 8:3–5) and a jar (Fig. 8:6) from the Byzantine period; a bowl with a painted decoration (Fig. 8:7) from the Umayyad period; and a bowl from the Abbasid period (Fig 8:8). Three coins were found on the surface between Fences 1000 and 1001 in the south of the excavation area. One of the coins dates to the late second – early first century BCE (IAA 153161) and the other two date to the second half of the fourth century CE (IAA 153160, 153162). The rich ceramic assemblage and coins that were discovered on the surface were apparently swept there from the nearby hill.
Area D (Fig. 10). The remains of a field wall (W1003) constructed from fieldstones of different sizes directly on the bedrock was discovered; it was preserved to a height of one course.
Area E (Fig. 11). A burial cave (L15) whose ceiling had collapsed was exposed in the center of the area. The walls of the cave sustained damage over the years, and its opening was not found. Several bone-clusters were discovered on a tamped earth floor inside it. A thick layer of stones (L54) was uncovered below the earthen floor. On the rock surface above the cave were quarrying marks (L14) that were probably related to it. Two hewn cupmarks (L49, L52) and a small bodeda (L51) were discovered in rock outcrops in the northern part of area; a small quarry (L50) was exposed in the southern part.
Area F (Figs. 12, 13). A quarry (L31), which was mostly exposed on the surface, was excavated. A severance channel was discerned in the southern part of the quarry. The rim of an imported bowl from the Roman period (Fig. 8:2) was discovered, maybe washed from the nearby hill.
Area G (Fig. 14). A bell-shaped, rock-hewn cistern (L43; excavated depth 4.85 m) was exposed. Its eastern side was excavated but work ceased prior to completion because of safety issues. The wall of the cistern was lined with dressed stones and plastered. The cistern was filled with modern refuse, including a scant assemblage of ceramic, which included several sherds from the Ottoman period. It was not possible to determine when the cistern was hewn, but based on the pottery it was evidently used during the Ottoman period. Slightly east of the cistern was a hewn rock surface (L45), maybe an activity surface connected with the cistern.