Two perpendicular walls of the eastern unit were exposed: one in the west (W1003) and the other in the south (W1002). Wall 1003 (length 3.65 m, width 0.9 m, see Fig. 1), aligned north–south, separated the eastern unit from the western one; it was built of nari and basalt fieldstones and was preserved two courses high. An opening (width 1.75 m) was fixed in this wall, which had a broad foundation set on travertine that protruded c. 0.45 m to its east. Wall 1002 (exposed length 5.35 m, width 0.9 m), oriented east–west, delimited the unit from the south and was also preserved two courses high. The construction of W1002 was identical to that of W1003, with which it formed a right angled corner in its center. The center part of W1002 was destroyed, its eastern part terminated in an engaged pillar on the south (W1018; length 0.5 m, width 0.9 m; Fig. 3) and its western part continued beyond the limits of the excavation. An opening was partly exposed in the western part of the wall, through which one could enter the western unit. The poorly preserved floor of the unit was composed of crushed chalk and its foundation was crumbled travertine (L1005, L1009, L1014).
Among the finds recovered from the foundation was a coin dating to the reign of Constantius II (351–361 CE; IAA 137115) and pottery fragments that included a bowl (Fig. 4:1) and a bowl decorated on the outside with red paint (Fig. 4:2), dating to the Late Hellenistic period (first century BCE), Galilean bowls (Fig. 4:3–6), bowls with a everted triangular rim (Fig. 4:7, 8) a mortarium with a thickened and beveled rim (Fig. 4:9), a cooking pot lid (Fig. 4:10), a cooking pot with a carination in the middle of the body and a ledge rim (Fig. 4:11) jars with a grooved rim (Fig. 4:12) and a triangular rim (Fig. 4:13), jugs (Fig. 4:14, 15) and a lamp fragment (Fig. 4: 16), all dating to the Roman period (third–fourth centuries CE).
Walls delimiting the eastern (W1003), northern (W1010) and southern (W1002) sides of the western unit were exposed. Wall 1010 (exposed length 1.85 m width 1 m), oriented east–west, was built of basalt and nari fieldstones. The wall’s eastern half was bonded with W1003 and formed a right angle corner with it, and its western part continued beyond the limits of the excavation. The wall was preserved two courses high and an opening (width 0.95 m) was set in its eastern end. A threshold stone in secondary use was set in the opening’s eastern doorjamb. Walls 1002 and 1003 were built similar to W1010. The cores of the walls consisted of small fieldstones and chunks of travertine and were founded on the travertine bedrock. A layer composed of gray travertine soil fill and lumps of gray and white plaster (L1015) was next to the foundations of the eastern and northern walls. A coin (IAA 137116) and a few potsherds that dated to the third–fourth centuries CE (not drawn) were found in the fill.
Slight changes were made to the building. The opening in Wall 1003 was made narrower (width 1.25 m) in the western unit, the opening in Wall 1002 was blocked by a wall (W1020; exposed length 1.35 m, width 0.4 m) and a pillar (W1006; length 1.1 m, width 0.6 m) was built in the southwestern corner. Small flat basalt and soft travertine fieldstones that were scattered at the level of the tamped gray travertine soil (L1001, L1004, L1008) were probably the scant remains of a floor. The last habitation level in the unit and in the area to its south consisted of gray travertine soil and contained potsherds from the Roman period (not drawn). This level was covered with a thick deposit (thickness 0.65 m) of alluvium. A wall (W1016; exposed length 1.35 m, width 0.35 m) of small nari fieldstones and fragments of clay bricks in secondary use was built just east of the southern wall of the eastern unit (W1002). A wall stump (W1017) that was not directly connected to the unit was exposed in the northeastern corner of the area.
The building exposed in the excavation was probably erected in the third century CE and was used, with slight modifications, until the end of the fourth century CE. The western unit was probably covered with a roof, while the eastern unit might have been an open area. Following its abandonment, the building was dismantled and its stones were taken for secondary use.