In April 2013, a survey was conducted northeast of Kibbuts Dorot (License No. S-411/2013; map ref. 1685/6040), prior to planting trees in Dorot Forest. The survey, undertaken on behalf of the Israel Antiquities Authority and financed by the Jewish National Fund, was performed by G. Seriy, D. Yegorov, E. Aladjem and A. Fraiberg, with the assistance of S. Gal (GPS).
Pottery sherds from the Byzantine and Late Ottoman periods were scattered throughout the survey area. Remains of a rectangular structure (map ref. 168187/604756; c. 4.5 × 7.5 m) were documented. Its walls (thickness c. 0.6 m), built of roughly hewn kurkar stones, were aligned in a general north–south direction and survived to a height of three courses. The entrance to the building was fixed in its eastern wall. No datable finds were discovered in or around the building.